Our Maths Vision – developing the mathematical mind through challenge, investigation, understanding and calculation and applying this, where possible, to the real world.
Our Principles of Maths Teaching
We know that great Maths happens in our school when:
- Our curriculum and learning relates to the real world.
- Children are engaged in varied interactive lessons and tasks, using a wide range of resources.
- Responsibility is given to children to further their own learning.
- Children are motivated by challenging yet achievable work.
- We work both mentally and using written.
- Children feel respected and confident and actively contribute to lessons, furthering their own learning and of those around them.