Risk Assessments on the safe reopening of the schools had been prepared by BD and the SLT. LF and FS confirmed that they had reviewed them, had questioned elements of the documents, and that following this they had been refined. The confirmed that the documents are very fluid, as the guidance continues to change, and that they will be reviewed by SLT on a weekly basis.
LF and FS recommendation was that the Board should accept the RA and that they are fluid in their nature.
Q: Have you got all of the equipment that you need?
R: Nearly all of the equipment is here now except for 2 bins.
At an extraordinary meeting in May, Directors approved in principle, following the scrutiny by Directors in the working group, Directors were happy to approve the documents and the operational plans, recognising that they are fluid.
BD, explained that there had already been 8 updates and questions that they were working through. Such as what happens if a child arrives late, removing dirty dishes, staff needing to arrive before parents etc.
She confirmed that she will need to do an additional Risk Assessment for the Office and breakfast, after school club. In addition there will be individual Risk Assessment needed for vulnerable staff that are returning to school, and for vulnerable pupils.
Action: BD to send updated Risk Assessment to the Director Working Group, highlighting what has changed.
BD reported that following the media reports that the R rate for the NW had increased above 1, she advised that Cheshire East were due to update their position on Wednesday. The R Rate for Cheshire East was lower than the NW, and so they were taking Public Health Advice. The R Rate isn’t one of the 5 tests, and there are 3 versions of the R Rate from different medical research bodies.
Some areas have agreed to delay the reopening, however need to wait and see wehat CE recommend. DS reiterated the need to follow the guidance.
Q: if the R rate is still high - do we have any members of staff that are borderline vulnerable?
R: Yes and this is why we are undertaking individual risk assessments, and note union/HR advice
Q: If a member of staff decides not to come in, which order would we be closing pods?
R: BD confimred that she is working on this criteria, and will be creating a policy for the closing of Pods.
BD also reported that planning for provision is difficult even for key worker children, as parents change their mind about needing provision
BD explained that the Risk Assessment highlights the policies and addendums that are needed, such as a blended and remote working, behaviour, first aid and exclusion policies all need addendums for COVID
Q: When we introduce, key workers have picked their days,. but are all other children in fulltime?
BD explained the she has received letters of complaint about how the schools has operated, and that teachers appear not to be teaching. DS confirmed that he had also received a letter, and will be replying.
These are exceptional difficulties and that there needs to be a balance between staff wellbeing and online learning. A Blended policy will address this, and state what we can reasonably do.
Q: What was the complaint?
R: The letter was asking what the HTs and staff were doing.